Now Available as Freeware
SAR Image Processor, version 5.2
SAR Image Processor is a freeware image editing program for the PC.
Most people will want SAR for its enlargement capabilities.
See Comparisons of Image Enlargement Methods.
ATTENTION PREVIOUS DOWNLOADERS of v. 5.2!
As of 1/17/18, I included vcomp110.dll because it is needed for CommandLineSAR64.exe to work. Download new package and install vcomp110.dll to the same directory as SARimageProcessor.exe.
- Starting with v. 5.2, for some operations, SAR Image processor, which is a 32 bit program, can call a 64 bit command line program, CommandLineSAR64.exe, to do its work. The advantages are that larger image files can be processed, and, if the "Parallel Processing" option is selected, processing will be faster on computers with multiple core CPUs. With v. 5.2, the only operations that can use CommandLineSAR64.exe are PseudoLAD, Hysteresis Pyramid and Farbman Pyramid. Put CommandLineSAR64.exe in the same directory as SARImageProcessor.exe. (New with version 5.2)
- SAR now accepts one input and one output image file name from the command line. After counting exactly three items on the command line, SAR hides its window, then reads the input file, then applies the F2 programmed operation, then writes the processed image to a file with the output name, and then automatically closes. Except for maybe 0.1 seconds, SAR's window is hidden and, hopefully, out of focus. Parameters must still be set from within SAR's GUI interface, but whenever SAR is closed, those setting remain (stored in sar.ini). This feature will allow other programs to use SAR. Some automatic control of parameters can be accomplished by selecting one of several previously stored and renamed versions of the sar.ini file. (New with version 5.1)
- Free, fully enabled, registration is not needed or accepted (New with version 5.0)
- Principal Component Analysis (PCA) Based Denoising (New with version 4.3)
- Least Absolute Deviations (LAD) Based Color Matching (New with version 4.3)
- Homogenize Insides of Line Enclosures (New with version 4.3)
- FFT (New with version 4.3)
- Multithreading (New with version 4.2)
- Image Enlargement by modified Roussos-Maragos Method (New with version 4.2)
- Image Enlargement by Pseudo-LAD (Improved with version 4.2)
- Pseudo-LAD Deconvolution - See Exercise4 (Improved with version 4.2)
- Capability to Measure Mean Structural Similarity Index (MSSIM) (New with version 4.2)
- Find Convolution Kernel from a Blurred and a Sharp Image - See Exercise4
- Find Convolution Kernel from Image of Point Light Source
- Save/Read Convolution Kernel from Text File
- View Singular Value Decomposition of Convolution Kernel
- Smudge Painting - See Exercise5
- Semi-Automatic Colorization - See Exercise6
- Improved Noise Reduction by Contourlets
- Add Noise
- Contrast Enhancement based on Edge-Preserving Decompositions for Multi-Scale Tone and Detail Manipulation
by Z.Farbman et. al..
- Contrast Enhancement based on Hysteresis Filter
- Pyramidal Stacking (similar to Tufuse)
- New Extended DOF Stacking
- Improved HDR Tone Mapping 1
- Ergonomic Improvements
- Purple Defringing
- Custom curves using new splineless method
- Seam Carving with Derivative Blending (Gradient Domain Carving)
- Seamless Cloning
- Floating Point TIFF Support
- Stacking for High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- HDR Contrast Equalization (based on work of R. Mantiuk)
- Automatic Variable Shift Alignment, "Block Alignment"
- Geometrical Transformations Including Arbitrary Rotation via Lanczos Interpolation
- Elastic Image Alignment
- Automatic Image Alignment by simultaneous Rotation, Resizing and Translation
- Fast Automatic Image Alignment by Translation
- Extended Depth of Field Stacking
- Noise Reduction by Non-Local Means (NL Means)
- Gaussian Weighted Median
- Image Enlargement with Super Rez. Postprocessing
- 96 bit Internal Processing
- Stacking by multivariate median to remove passing objects.
- Image Magnification by Data Dependent Lanczos
- Periodic Smoothing for Pattern Removal
- Image Magnification by Xin Li and Zhao-Xin Li
- Image Magnification by Triangulation
- Image Magnification by Iterated Function Systems (IFS)
- Isophote Smoothing Filter
- Bilateral Filter
- Jensen Edge Enhancement
- Weighted Majority with Minimum Range (WMMR) Filter
- Shock Filter
- Texture Inpainting
- Tschumperle Inpainting
- Eight Color Space Modes: RGB, CMY, YCbCr, HSV, HSI, log CMY, RGB Gamma 2.2 and YCbCr Gamma 2.2
- One, Two, and Four Point Registration
- Image Stacking for Dynamic Range Increase
- Reads and Writes 48 bit TIFF, 48 bit PNG, 48 bit FITS and 96 bit FITS files.
- Modified Unsharp Mask
- Inverse Operations: Add/Subtract, Multiply/Divide, Interpolate/Extrapolate and Gamma
- Input (as well as output) Masking for Lens Blur, Median, and WMMR
- Batch Operations
- Programmed Operations (Actions)
- Lanczos Interpolation
- Printing with automatic, internal resizing to optimum size.
- Paint (Most operations can be applied with paint strokes)
- Channel Selection
- Masked Operations
- Mask by Color
- Mask by Edge Detection
- Perspective Crop
- Noise Removal
- Lens Blur
- Reads and Writes 24 Bit TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and BMP files.
- Nearest Neighbor, Bilinear and Bicubic Interpolation
- Flip Horizontal
- Flip Vertical
- Gaussian Blur
Download SAR Image Processor 5.2 (1254 KB)
Download GDIPLUS (945 KB)(Not Needed by Windows XP, 7, or 10 users.)
Donate by PayPal